2. COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1. User Information
In order to use certain Services, Users must have a valid Knok’d account to log into the Knok’d Platform (“Account”). When you register for an account Knok’d collects your account username and password in order to authenticate your account access and provide you with access to the Services. Knok’d also collects: name, email address, phone number, professional bio. This Personal Information is used for the following purposes:
- Authenticate access to the Account and provide access to the Platform;
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Platform;
- Send technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages Provide and deliver the Services and features you request;
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about us and our select partners;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Platform Services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Platform, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Services;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Platform Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate, for example, by sharing your name and other professional bio information with home owners; and
- For other purposes about which we will notify you about and seek your consent.
2.2. Services Data
The Platform generates and collects data about Users through the use of the Service, including: the properties inputted by the User, volume of “Knoks” on specific property or geographic area, frequency of Knoks, areas of interest, time in app, reply time, number of replies, and number of conversations started (“Services Data”). This Services Data is used for the following purposes:
- Create analytics and reports for Users based on their transaction history;
- Create analytics by combining Services Data from multiple Users so that Knok’d can understand industry trends and improve the Services;
- Advertising the Platform and Services; and
- Help diagnose technical problems, and to administer our Platform, Website and Services in order to constantly improve the quality of the Services.
2.3. Marketing Communications
Knok’d will use the contact information provided to notify Users of important information that is relevant to the Services and for marketing communications if the User chooses to opt in. Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may send you relevant notices where permitted by law.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, scripts and tags may be used by us and our third-party partners. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the website, tracking Users’ movements around the website, and gathering demographic information about our User base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing these types of tracking technologies.
Standing alone, cookies do not identify you personally. They merely recognize your browser. Cookies come in two flavors: session and persistent-based. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you’ve closed your browser or turned off your computer.
Knok’d may use session cookies containing encrypted information to allow the system to uniquely identify you while you are logged in. This information allows Knok’d to process online transactions and requests. Session cookies help us make sure you are who you say you are after you’ve logged in and are required in order to use the Service.
Knok’d may use persistent cookies that only Knok’d can read and use, to identify the fact that you are a Knok’d User. We are especially careful about the security and confidentiality of the information stored in persistent cookies. Users who disable their web browser’s ability to accept cookies will be able to browse our Website but may not be able to use all features of our Services.
3. SECURITY AND STORAGE
3.1 Storage Location
Knok’d stores its data, including Personal Information, on Amazon Web Services servers located in Canada and the United States. By submitting any Personal Information or using the Services, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of your Personal Information in Canada and the United States. You acknowledge and agree that your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement and governmental agencies in those countries under lawful access regimes or court order.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or password for the Services to third parties.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
4.1. Disclosure to our Service Providers
We may from time to time employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share Personal Information with them to provide the Services. Unless we tell you differently, such third parties do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. This includes third party companies and individuals employed by us to facilitate our products and services, including the provision of maintenance services, database management, customer relationship management, web analytics and general improvement of the Services, and businesses who engage our Services (to the extent provided for above).
4.2. Business Transfers
If we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information may be made available or otherwise transferred to the new controlling entity, where permitted under applicable law.
4.3. With Your Consent
4.4. As required by law
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Users, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. Further, we may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- enforce our contracts or user agreement (Terms of Service), including investigation of potential violations hereof; and
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
6. ACCESS, CORRECTION AND ACCURACY
You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information, although in certain limited circumstances, and as permitted under law, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another User. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
8. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
65 Caroline Ave
Ottawa, ON K1Y 0S8
Last Updated: September 17, 2018